8 Habits of A Successful Marriage
This workshop series is an engaging relationship strengthening program. Participants learn how to: Abandon Unhealthy Behaviors; Build Character; Strengthen Problem Solving Skills; Resolve Conflict Successfully; Learn Speaker-Listener Techniques; and Practice Forgiveness.
Authored by Franklin Covey.
How to Make Your Good Thing Better
An 8 week research based, skills building, marriage enrichment program for African American couples, designed to teach them how to create and maintain intimate relationships in which both parties are physically and emotionally safe and content.
Authored by Dr. Lorraine Blackman, Ph.D.
A day long pre-marital program designed to bring experienced mature men and women together with younger men and women to teach solid principles of marriage, including roles and responsibilities, duties, and temptations faced in the marriage relationship and how to avoid the snares. The emphasis is on the covenant of marriage vs. the ceremony details.
Authored by Charlotte Hawthorne, Shirley Alexander, Joycelyn Rose and Margaret Campbell.
FAMLI-Skills to A Better Relationship
Fatherhood And Marriage Leadership Institute (FAMLI) is a four session two hour course designed to assist couples and individuals with communication, conflict resolution, fidelity and financial literacy skills. The sessions are highly interactive and promotes values as well as the importance of a healthy relationship.
Authored by Chris Gersten.
24/7 Dad A.M. and P.M.
The most comprehensive fatherhood program available with innovative tools, strategies, and exercises for fathers of all races, religions, cultures, and backgrounds! Developed by fathering and parenting experts, it focuses on the characteristics men need to be good fathers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Prevention and Relationship Enhancement Program (PREP 7.0)
Prep 7.0 presents strategies for engaged and married couples through research-examined methods of active communication, respectful conflict resolution and binding commitment skills that offer couples the chance to work towards quality marital satisfaction through a structured environment of enthusiastic involvement in discussion-centered activities.
This curriculum empowers couples to…
- ~ Replace communication danger signs with proactive strategies for respectful talking and listening.
- ~ Explore sharing fun and satisfying intimate needs by working as a team to nurture and support each other.
- ~ Practice managing stress and reducing the negative effects of stress on a relationship.
- ~ Recognizing and communicating issues and expectations, including planning for the future.
- ~ Investigate the impact that past experiences can have on a couple’s future.
- Acknowledge long-term satisfaction through the gift of commitment
Within My Reach (Individuals)
Within My Reach offers a skills-based program with critical, concrete tools that help participants control their own relationship in a way that will lead to more enriching, more satisfying interactions with the people that matter in their lives, with themes that include: knowing yourself first, smart love, and making your own decisions.
This curriculum empowers individuals to…
- ~ Practice replacing communication danger signs with proactive strategies for respectful talking and listening.
- ~ Examine the warning signs of dangerous patterns in relationships.
- ~ Develop skills to help manage stress and reduce the negative effects of stress.
- ~ Explore personal needs and expectations and the role that decision-making plays in realizing those needs and expectations.
- ~ Learn the brain science behind love and how to enjoy and thoughtfully navigate decisions while in love.
- ~ Acknowledge the long-term satisfaction possible through the gift of commitment.
- ~ Discuss forgiveness, infidelity and knowing when to end an unhealthy relationship.
- ~ Recognize the challenges and opportunities inherent in step–parenting or blended families.